1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Bravia KDF-E50A12U PC connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gordymcj, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordymcj

gordymcj Thread Starter

Good Evening,

I have decided to connect my home PC up to my Sony Bravia ( model number in thread header ) so as to use it for watching movies. I had a number of issues to begin with but have managed to get it working so far. Mainly thanks to this great forum i may add.

What my problem is now is that when i power down my PC and then re boot it i dont get a picture. I get the initial screen when it boots up and runs the BIOS ( i think thats it ) but when it tries to run windows i get nothing.

What i have to do is boot up my PC connected to original monitor, let windows load then unplug monitor and plug into TV and it works from there. But i dont want to do this everytime i start my PC.

I have adjusted my video card resolution to 1024x768 @ 60 Hz which is the best running resolution for my TV.

I am running

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2194 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Via VGA to Sony Bravia KDF-E50A12U

Can anyone provide some suggestions as to help my problem?

Thanks

**************UPDATED************

i downloaded the latest driver for my video card and i am now connected via DVI on my PC to VGA on my TV. I am also running at 72Hz now. The image quality is superb!! But i still have the problem that i have to boot on my standard PC monitor and then switch the cable to my TV. And it works!

Someone please HELP ME!! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!