1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Bravia Media Server problems with large content

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by tookeey, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tookeey

tookeey Thread Starter

I am running a Media Server via my Cisco Linksys E3000 router using an attached USB hard drive. This device uses PVConnect UPnP. When I connect to this Media Server using my Sony Bravia KDL40Z5100, only the photos with resolution less than 720 are available. Similarly, folders containing only jpegs of higher resolution return "There are no items to display". However, when I use Windows Media Player to connect to this UPnP, I can see and access all my jpg photos of any resolution, so I know the media server is working fine.
    Anyone have any ideas?

2. edelbeb

edelbeb

I'm having the same issue with my Bravia KDL-46EX701 TV and E3000. Based on the following post regarding a similar issue with an HP server using PVConnect UPnP, the problem appears to be in the router firmware:

http://forum.wegotserved.com/index.php/topic/12318-no-media-showing-on-sony-tv/

PVConnect is now Twonky. A Google search shows that issues have existed between Twonky servers and Sony TV's.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!