1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony CD/DVD drive not working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by evilone4019, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. evilone4019

evilone4019 Thread Starter

I have a sony CD-RW/DVD CRX310EE drive installed and recently the drive has quit working. No troubleshooting has worked and since I do not have the original software I can't reinstall it. When a CD is inserted in the drive, the disc continually spins but nothing is recognized. When a DVD is inserted in the drive, the disc is recognized but it cannot be played. The burner doesn't work at all... the burning program says the burning process is complete, but nothing was ever put on the disc. What can I do about this problem?

2. norton850

norton850

Your drive may have gone bad. In Device Manager is it listed as working?

3. evilone4019

yes, it says "this device is working properly." There are also no available updates for that driver.

4. norton850

norton850

In Device Manger. Right click on the drive and uninstall it. Reboot and let Windows reinstall the drive.

5. evilone4019

how do I reinstall the drive? or will windows reinstall it automatically?

6. evilone4019

reinstalling the drive did not work

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523505