1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony CRX_195_A1 Burner Not Recognised by ME

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SPADS, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPADS

SPADS Thread Starter

My Uncle who is completely useless at computers bought this burner for his son and low and behold it has no driver supplied and the store assures us that it is plug'n'play. Upon installing the system (ME) does not even recognise any new drive added. So, I contacted sony to determine from them whether it does require a driver and they said they would get back to me, that was three weeks ago and everytime I ring up its the same response 'We will get back to you'.
    I have tried downloading numerous drivers for the CRX 185 but they do not work on this one and from the replies on the site they dont work for the 185 either.

If anyone has any information regarding this Sony CRX 195_A1 Burner would they please let me know. Greatly appreciated.

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

From what I've heard Sony doesn't make very good CDRW drives.

If you still can do so, return it and have him order a LiteOn drive online.

If it's too late, make sure he has the IDE cable connected correctly. The side with the red stripe should be on pin 1. If the drive is working properly, the BIOS should see it as a CDROM and Windows ME should recognize it as a CDRW.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115327

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice