sony dvd rom model ddu1621 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dpatterson

Hello,

This my sony dvd rom will not read. I insert a disc, and in about 15 seconds or less out it comes. I have tried every remedy I know of, this includes 1) removing it from the device manager and rebooting 2) cleaning the lens with a lens cleaner, and air spray.

I am stumped, does anyone have a suggestion!?!?!?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi dpatterson, welcome to TSG.

What kind of a disk are you trying to read? Have you tried other disks? Did the drive ever work correctly?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Are these original cds or copies?

Have you tried one that you know should work....say the Windows installation cd?

Hey dpatterson,
Is this a new, just installed dvd rom, or has it been playing and quit? If new try going to device manager, right click for properties and uncheck DMA. Also do you have a cd rom on this machine?
Is the dvd slave or primary? Check with sony website for patches
FAQ's.
Good Luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online