1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Handycam issue with Windows Movie Maker

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by gemini0890, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gemini0890

gemini0890 Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Handycam DCR-SR65 40 GB HDD 25X Zoom Digital Camcorder.

I have transferred the files from my camcorder to my hard drive and am attempting to make a movie out of some of the clips with windows movie maker.

When I import the video into WMM - all I get is sound, no video.

The video plays just fine on Windows Media Player.

My operating system is Vista.

Can anyone provide assistance?

thanks!

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

WMM probably doesn't have the right codec for the video or its non-standard in some way. Do you know what the format of the videos is?

3. RickR_WIN-TEAM

RickR_WIN-TEAM

Hi gemini0890, my name is Rick and I work with the Windows Outreach Team. First thing I would do is run Windows Update and get Vista all fresh and up to date, then visit the Sony support site and download the latest drivers from them and install those on your machine. If that doesnÂ’t work let me know and we can dig deeper into your issue. http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=DCRSR65&LOC=3
    Good luck, Rick

4. gemini0890

gemini0890 Thread Starter

Thanks, Rick, I will certainly try. For some reason, I cannot update to SP1 for Vista (that's another thread :D ).

I have Vista Business, and I heard that WMM works fine with Ultimate.

As for those who are asking if I know what vid type the sony is? All i can say is it's MPEG - but I don't know what kind other than that. Sorry!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice