1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony laptop died during reinstallation of windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Helpplease123, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:10 AM.

Advertisement
  1. Helpplease123

Helpplease123 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I restored my Sony Vaio to factory settings, it then started to reinstall but the battery died at about 73%. When I plugged it in and restarted it told me the administrator account was locked and to contact the system administrator. I got past that screen (can’t remember how) and it attempts to restart/continue but comes up with the message “windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation.”

Help, how do I restart the installation or get it to continue? I have no disc but have figured out that shift+f10 will open the command prompt.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I'm afraid that you'll probably, have to restore from scratch, again.

BTW> Always have your system on line power when installing anything. Especially something as intensive as a complete default install.

3. Helpplease123

Thanks, my question is how?
    The laptop is just stuck on a loop between restarting and that error.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The only way to do it is to make a Windows 7 install DVD or USB stick. Turn off the computer and boot from the DVD or USB stick. It won't be the Sony factory restore. It will be a generic Windows 7.

After you have a generic Windows 7 installed and the laptop is plugged in, see if the laptop will restore from the Sony hidden partition.

5. Helpplease123

Thank you. Do you know how I create this? And should it just do it’s thing when the laptop is turned on with the USB inserted?

6. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    If you keep hitting [f10] when the Vaio logo appears. It should start the recovery process. Press [Enter] on the next screen and after that, follow the prompts. This is taken from Sony's website.
    Note that it could be that you're machine is different and/or needs a different key pressed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice