1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Mavica: photos disappearing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jt1008, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jt1008

jt1008 Thread Starter

I took 35 photos with my Sony CD Mavica (MVC-CD400) digital camera, and as usual I connected it to my computer by USP and downloaded the photos with the Windows XP Professional Camera and Scanner Wizard. 15 of the photos did not download and are now not even showing up on the camera. Prior to the USP connection, all the photos were viewable on the camera. Is there any way to recover the missing photos? Any advice is appreciated.

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Have you tried reading straight off the cd rather than just using usb.
    Is the cd a cd-r or cdrw.

3. jt1008

jt1008 Thread Starter

It is a 8cm CDRW. I have tried placing the CD directly into the computer, and the missing photos aren't showing up.

4. xgerryx

xgerryx

Sorry for repeating the question, but are you sure you have cdrw rather than cd-r. If it is the cd-r you will have to finalise the cd before viewing from cd drive.

Have you tried looking in my computer (usb connected) and clicking on the drive that is your camera. You should be able to access photos from there.

( be aware, I have no experience with the cd 400 but do have a cd 1000 which is older and have had similiar problems. )

I will try and contact another member who has the same camera as you.

5. Paquadez

Paquadez

Mine is the Mavica CD 500.

First off, try "looking" for the photos on the camera, itself.

It is possible that even if you are using a CDR, you have deleted these photos, at camera level, accidently, when setting up to upload to PC.

It is possible to "Scrub" the CDR partially or even completely, using the camera controls.

If the photos are not there at camera level, then they are sadly, lost.

BTW, I would use the software supplied (in my case PIXELA and PTP Manager) to upload, rather than rely on MS's generic system software - safer!

I have had no probs with either my main workstation or laptop transferring data via USB and use this rather than the CD carrier, since I do not have to "Close" the disk and can still carry on taking pics.

Hope this helps.

Paq
    :cool: :cool:

6. RandyG

RandyG

I don't have a Mavica CD, but do have a mavica floppy, and sometimes, if the media is old or faulty, then some photos get corrupted.

Is it possible that the CD you are using has some bad sectors on it. or is scratched?

Run scandisk on the cd to check to see if it is a CD problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice