1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony one touch dvd (dcr-sr40)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by emong007, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emong007

emong007 Thread Starter

I just purchased the DCR-SR40. I have taken some video. When I hook it up to my TV and it plays back great. Now I want to burn the video to DVD on my pc. It came with some one touch DVD software, but when I hook it up and press the button to burn I get a message that it can not find a DVD burner. I have two DVD burners in my PC and they work fine with NERO. I did copy the files to my PC and try to burn them with NERO but had no luck their either. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!!

2. emong007

emong007 Thread Starter

I got to thinking mabey there was a software conflict. So, I disabled Nero at startup and now it works!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

3. TechNovice71

TechNovice71

I've been having the same problem. What DVD burner software did you use in place of NERO?

Thanks!!!!

4. emong007

emong007 Thread Starter

I still use Nero. All I did was disable it so it no longer loads at Windows startup.
    If you are using XP like me, click on start, run, msconfig. When msconfig opens, click on the startup tab, then scrol down until you see the listing for nero check. Uncheck the box next to that and click ok. Now reboot your pc. When the pc comes back on you will get a pop up msg about windows runing with items disabled. That is fine, just click ok. Now Nero will still work like it always did and the software for you camera should work to. If Nero happens to stop working you can always go back to msconfig and recheck that box.

I hope that makes since, it has been a long day.....

Let me know if there is more I can do to help.

LATER!!

5. TechNovice71

TechNovice71

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question! I will give this a try.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

6. emong007

emong007 Thread Starter

Did it work for you?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!