1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vaio battery problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kadomatsu, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kadomatsu

kadomatsu Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new.. etc.. :D

I'm the process of trying to fix a Sony Vaio PCG-FX105K, running Windows 2000.
    Amongst other things, the battery doesnt seem to charge.. the diagnostic (which I assume is Sony's own) reports the battery is 0% charged, and will require 7½ hours to charge..
    Only other redeeming feature, is that the battery light flashes twice every couple of seconds..

Any pointers would be appriciated :eek:

2. sorrento5

sorrento5

Hi :0

7 1/2 hours for charging indicates that the system must think that the battery needs a full charge, which could indocate a number of things

the battery charging transformer that is connected to the power supply is maybe not working properly

the connection to the battery are disconnected or connected wrong (check that the ground wire and hot lead are correct

the battery is not good and connot be charged any more ( you can check this with another battery)

one thing you can do is use a multi-tester meter to check the input (charging leads) to the battery .. this way you can see if the voltage is getting to the battery

if yes, then replace battery

if no, replace the connection to the battery

that is all I can suggest with the information given

good luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/140199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice