1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vaio fit 15e 219sn shows black screen after vaio splash

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Sparkzzy, Apr 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sparkzzy

Sparkzzy Thread Starter

So, this is what happened:

1. A pendrive infected with virus was inserted (unknowingly)

2. Malwarebytes scanned and removed them. After removing asked me to restart, which I did.

3. I remember some system32 folder files were shown as infected but I dont remember exactly the names.

4. After reboot, I got vaio splash screen and then just a black screen. Nothing else!

What I have tried so far:

1. Tried the "unplug battery and power plug, then press the power button for a minute or two and then connect just the power plug (not battery) and boot" thing, didnt work.

2. Tried the assist button. But the first option named "start troubleshooting (recovery)" option restarts the laptop and again after the vaio splash screen, I get the black screen.

PS: The only way to get to see the 'boot into safe mode, network mode, etc" options is through that assist button. It doesnt work! I can however access the bios options.

3. Tried booting ubuntu live from a flash drive and it worked successfully. However, when I tried to open the windows paritions within the ubuntu live usb drive, it said they were "unclean drives"and failed to mount them.

4. So, I tried the Bitdefender rescue cd and scanned the whole system. It found 1 infected file (although it was more like a potentially unwanted program or something, not a malware or serious virus.)

5. Also, tried a windows 8 installation disk but it too would not boot. Tried a windows installation usb flash drive but that too would not boot. So, I cannot use 'repair this computer'option either. However, ubuntu live is booting.

6. Cannot boot into desktop screen still.

Doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, although it could be a corrupted bios perhaps? Or a software problem? Why did the recovery mode not work? I'm not able to boot into safe mode because I don't know how to access that option any other way because the "start troubleshooting (recovery)" option also gives me a black screen.

It runs windows 8.1

Here's the link to my laptop model: https://www.sony.co.in/support/product/svf15219sn

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It's my guess the initial infection and then the cleaning process "trashed" the Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system.
    A reinstall and fresh start is probably your best option.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. Sparkzzy

Sparkzzy Thread Starter

How am I supposed to do that if I can't boot a windows operating system cd or usb drive? Only ubuntu live CD boots. Windows installation CD or USB drive are not booting.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If the DVD or USB thumb drive was properly created and made bootable, either one should work so you can reinstall Windows 8.1.

What's the exact model number/name and product number/name on that Sony laptop?

Note: I just noticed you posted this SAME issue in other forums.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice