1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony VAIO Laptop black screen problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trollwarlord, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trollwarlord

Trollwarlord Thread Starter

Hello, I have a Sony vaio PCG-71312L for around 2 years. After trying to install a program it freezed and didn't answer any commands, so i shutdown it by pressing the power button. When i tried to boot it, it went past "start" window to black screen only with mouse on it. I can turn on caps lock and num lock. I've tried loading default settings in BIOS, I've tried removing battery, removing and replacing RAMs, I've tried recovering after pressing F8 button, restoring it to last successful boot. After all this it's still black screen with mouse on it, did anyone have this problem, could you help me ?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you removed the battery and ac adapter and held the power switch down for 60seconds ?

3. Trollwarlord

Trollwarlord Thread Starter

yes, did it 3 times, no reaction

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    does it appear to actually be booting - can you see disk activity and just a faulty display - do you have an external monitor you could plug into the VGA output at all

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice