Tech Support Guy banner

opened laptop after 3 months, and only 3 icons were on the screen. Norton tried to do an update.

• Blue screen now tries Automatic repair startup and says it can't do automatically.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • command prompt says x:windowssystem32

• says OS not detected on the C drive

• cannot boot into windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony vaio laptop windows vista

Tags
help
800 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bobs-here 
#1 ·
cannot automatically repair Sony vaio laptop windows vista. command prompt says OS not detected in the c: drive, also says boot manager failed to find loader and boot configuration data store repair failed. I don't know what I am doing
panicking. need my data. never backed it up. also, disc tray does not seem to work now. HELP can I still get my hands? important things. I need help really badly. have sick mom, brother died suddenly, nervous wreck.

#2 ·
for access to the os system its possible to use a linux, live disc like
ubuntu. its a stand alone dvd. it can be used as a live disc without install. the machines boot order needs configuring, this will help to set the cd 1st boot.

a linux/ ubuntu dvd can help to move off your crucial data to a flashstick or portable hdd.

if its possible to have access to another machine, download the ISO from the link. the iso will need to be burnt as a boot disc, (iso) not as data.
look to the lower part of the page: Not now, take me to the download ›

another option would be to slave the HDD to another machine, (if available). using a usb cable or enclosure. plugged into a usb of another machine it would be seen as an external drive and the personal data could be transferred over to the internal hdd, disc, or another usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.