Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony Vaio PCG-71316l, VPCEB 44 FX Missing driver W10

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
I bought a slightly older Sony Vaio PCG-71316l, VPCEB 44 FX. I have installed Windows 10.-Unfortunately the sound system works very poorly because Sony's special sound system does NOT work with Windows 10 driver. Furthermore, there are several other functions that do not work optimally without Sony drivers. Sony no longer supports driver update, download. I'm therefore looking for a serious place where I could find the drivers, but that's not possible! I found an old post, here in the forum, regarding the same driver issue! The post was answered by James, Ceuriant, September 26, 2013. Where can I find the driver for the aforementioned Sony Vaio. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
There are drivers for that Vaio model here :- https://drivers.eu/Notebooks/SONY/VPCEA44FX/WI

They are for Windows 7 64 bit but they may work in 10, scroll down at the link to find the Audio driver.
Click on 'Download ... Audio driver ...' then on blue 'Agreement' in the pop up window, scroll down to the bottom on the next window and tick the 'I agree' box and then click on the 'Download' link under it.
Save the file then run it and follow the onscreen instructions.

If that doesn't work we can try another way.

#8 ·
Allan, sorry I wrote my answer in Danish! Here it is in English!
# 3 The aforementioned Vaio has a Windows 7 Prem. oa label, then I could download the drivers from a web page, and my problem is solved!

Allan, unfortunately your link shows this message :

The requested URL was not found.

Is the address correct in your link.

#9 ·
Allan, I followed your instructions, and downloaded the file from the link! I can hear a very clear difference in the sound after the Realtek driver has been installed! -I have set the sound in the sound setting, BUT THE SOUND IS STILL NOT GOOD! Will the sound get better if I install the driver for the chipset and the other drivers for the Vario.

#10 ·
Is the sound still low volume or is their something else wrong with it ?
The chipset driver might help and it should not do any harm to install it.
If all the other hardware in the laptop works well I would not bother updating any other drivers.

#11 ·
Hello Allan! The sound has improved significantly after the original sound driver is installed! Sony Vaio PCG-71416l, was supposed to be a laptop intended for gaming, therefore it amazes me that the sound system is inferior to my ancient HP EliteBook8530p. The question is whether the sound system is defective and therefore it still does not sound as can be expected of laptop for games! I want to install some of the other original drivers, and hope that the system can work better than with Windows basic drivers. Thanks for the help, which has given me the courage to make the machine better!

#12 ·
You could try connecting speakers to the laptop, or headphones, to see if that improves the sound quality.
There are cheap Usb speakers, powered by the Usb port. Other types of speakers would usually come with their own power supply.

As I said in my previous post installing the chipset driver is worth trying but if the other hardware like wireless, display etc. is working well I would leave their drivers as they are. Up to you of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.