1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vaio PCV E31M restore Discs needed help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by markdjenner, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markdjenner

markdjenner Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,
    I have a desktop Sony Vaio PCV E31M the one with the tv tuner built in running XP
    we had a virus which was removed but The viao PC is still running very slow now and i thought if i restored it back to its default thereby cleaning the hard drive of all programs and reloaded just the software that I use on a daily basis it might help.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN NO LONGER FIND THE CDS WITH THE SONY SOFTWARE ON THEM TO RESET BACK TO ITS DEFAULT.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY VIAO CDS FOR THE PCV E31M THAT I CAN BORROW OR BUY PLEASE.

Best regards

Mark j

2. maceman

maceman

Hi Mark,
    Did you already ask from Sony?
    It is possible to do system restore without CDs, with Winnit32.exe. You can find very detailed instructions, just Google.

3. markdjenner

markdjenner Thread Starter

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I looked on the sony website but could not find the cds or files that i woud need.

thanks for the other info on winnt
    Ill have a look at that..
    regards

mark j

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919529