1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sony vaio pcv-w30 power shuts off randomly??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by makaveli3004, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. makaveli3004

makaveli3004 Thread Starter

I a sony vaio pcv-w30. It will shut off randomly. and wont turn back on. I switch the wall outlet in which i have it plugged into and it turns on but will repeat the process randomly again. For example i have 3 outlets on my room A B and C. It shuts off in A i use C andi t will work for a lil while then shut off then i plug it back into A and it will work for a lil while then shut off... whats wrong with this?

2. Flags

Flags

mak: It sounds like a heat problem. Check the bios to see what temperature it's running at. Are the fans working? Can you feel warm air when you put your hand near the fan outlets?

3. pepe4

pepe4

I have same problem. did you ever find a solution for it?

4. chipcore

chipcore

just curious, I've come across a guy who's pcv-w30 is experiencing a similar problem where once you shut down the pc, it won't start from the buttom, he has to pull the plug out, wait a few seconds.. put the plug back in and then it starts up.. So the problem with his w30 isn't that it's shutting down but when you shut it down the same problem with the guy who has to alternate outlets.. So did anyone find a solution to this problem? any ideas, hints or fixes? Thank you in advance for any help! I'm about to take his w30 apart to get to the bottom of it but help is always uhmm 'helpful' :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/560440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice