1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SONY VAIO power problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ron6962, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron6962

ron6962 Thread Starter

I have searched the forum and cannot find a reference to this problem....any help appreciated:
    1. SONY VAIO VGN-FE790G with Windows XP Home. Ran A-OK until recently.
    2. PC powers on and boots up normally with AC only. (battery removed)
    3. PC powers on boots up normally with charged battery only. (AC removed)
    4. PC will not power up with both AC and Battery connected, however battery led flashed rapidly as though it is charging.
    5. Have tried different battery, different AC, and removed all SONY management software.
    6. Updated the BIOS
    7. Windows Power Meter recognizes battery, but gives "remaining unavailable" status.

I am assuming this is somehow related to the battery or the power management hardware in the PC. I understand there is a Power Board attached to the Motherboard. Could this be causing the symptoms I have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/778445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice