1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony vaio replacement battery not recognized?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by conortflynn, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conortflynn

conortflynn Thread Starter

sony vaio vgn-nr430e. got a replacement. It shows that there's a. battery there when I plug it in, and will power the computer when I unplug the power supply. However, my orange battery light blinks nonstop, the battery is at 80 percent but not charging, and when I turn on my computer it will not turn on unless I unplug the battery. The orange battery light lights up and remains lit until I remove the battery. It will turn on with AC power alone. Inserting the battery after turning it on induces the situation I described first- can see that battery is there, but it won't charge, and the light blinks. battery model is vgp-bps9/b. tried the file that came with it (bps9.exe) that I guess should block isbmgr.exe in some way but two more problems arise- can't find isbmgr.exe anywhere in program files, and when I run the program I was provided with I get error code 1275,Can't update BIOS, drvr phlashnt.sys has been blocked from loading

if it helps yesterday i upgraded from vista 32 to windows 7 64 bit.

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice