1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vaio VGC-LS20 series Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gavid, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gavid

gavid Thread Starter

I have a Sony Vaio VCG-LS20 series all-in-one desktop. 1.5 years ago, the computer started shutting down abruptly while watching movies online. At first, it would turn back on and be fine unless I started watching a video. At some point, it would only boot properly if I went through BIOS. At some point, the graphics got extremely distorted and eventually the computer stopped booting up. I took it to a repair guy, and he said it was the graphics card and it's integrated into the motherboard so can't be replaced. He was able to fix it, however, so that it was working fine for about 6 months, then the same thing started happening again. Now, I can't boot it up no matter what I try. I would really like to get this thing working again. It has Phoenix BIOS and the BIOS code that I heard (before it completely was unbootable) indicated that it is a video card issue. If I replace the motherboard, are the odds good that the prob will be fixed? Is it difficult to replace the motherboard in this model?

Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068141