1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony VAIO VGCRC210G BIOS doesn't reconize hard drives

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vlad93, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vlad93

vlad93 Thread Starter

Sony VAIO VGCRC210G BIOS doesn't reconize hard drives I have a SONY VAIO VCGRC210G and it dose not see the hard drives. It also won't let me switch to boot using a CD drive. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thin to boot?

2. qwazar

qwazar

it is quit simple you have deleted it on control panel i had to do a factory reset with the original disc(s)

3. vlad93

vlad93 Thread Starter

ok but i asked sony they said they dont sell the windows xp mce , they just sell the recovery cd , but it the recovery cd did not help me

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Why can't you change the boot order?

Did the machine just quit working?

It has a SATA drive, so XP is too old to install without some workaround.

Installing XP on a SATA drive
    Install Windows XP on SATA without a Floppy
    Resolving "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation

"Many newer BIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the BIOS and check the 'Sata Operation' setting, change it to 'Raid Autodetect/ATA' if it is not already. Now try to install XP (Verbiage will vary by manufacturer)" - Courtesy of simpswr.

BIOS settings to try:

5. vlad93

vlad93 Thread Starter

well now i installed windows xp home edition, with a hard drive throu CD rom , but my bios still dosnt read my main hard drives, and now when i installed the windows xp home edition, on my windows xp mce , i have no sound , and the bios still dose not see the main hard drives. have any idea why is there no sound now, and why bios doesnt read hard drives, only throu the CD rom wiers

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

I don't even understand what you did. But you probably need to install all your drivers in any new installation.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032194

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice