1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony VAIO VGCRC210G BIOS doesn't reconize hard drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jim73, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim73

Jim73 Thread Starter

I have a SONY VAIO VCGRC210G that I used System Mechanic Drive Scrubber to delete all old data. It also deleted the operating system (Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2). When I try to install Windows XP the BIOS shows both RAIDO drives, but you cannot access them. It also won't let me switch to boot using a CD drive. Even using a removable floppy drive, it won't boot because the BIOS doesn't recognize the USB port the floppy is plugged into. I found a forum somewhere that said I should unplug the BIOS and reinstall. I have no idea how to do that and cannot find a diagram of the motherboard to show where it is located. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thin to boot? I bought a new computer and wanted to give this one to a school, but it needs to be operable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice