1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vaio VGN-FS415S will not boot up??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 4M17, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4M17

4M17 Thread Starter

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello, I am new to this forum
    I am experiencing some problem with mySony Vaio VGN-FS415S. It refuses to boot up sometime. If i can get any help it be will appreciated.
    The laptop switches on but the screen remains dark. When the power button is pressed all the lights are on, but do not hear the cpu fan or any other fan working. There is no display(the screen stays dark)
    It does magically power on sometimes and works fine, but i need to unplug it from the main, remove the battery and put the battery back, hit the power button and try the same process for several time until it power on normally. When it boots successfully there is no error comes on, windows run smoothly.
    Any help form anybody, what could be the problem? have any of you experience the same problem.. Please if you have solutions please let me know.
    Thanks
    Rob
    [/FONT]

2. ibizagreg

ibizagreg

Does the laptop work fine with the battery removed and just the AC plugged in?

3. 4M17

4M17 Thread Starter

It does the same thing.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The laptop switches on but the screen remains dark.all lights are on but nothing happens. I have try it with or without the battery, with only the AC adaptor plug in but the situation remains the same.
    Could it be the power inverter which is causing the problem?
    [/FONT]

4. 4M17

4M17 Thread Starter

Have anybody encounter the same kind of problem, if someone knows the solution please let me know. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/816721