1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vaio Wireless Driver

Discussion in 'Networking' started by _Stace_, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Stace_

_Stace_ Thread Starter

Hey everybody,

I am at a bit of a lose end and was wondering if anybody at all new how to fix this...

I have a friends laptop which is a Sony Vaio VGN-NR32L Model - PCG-7134M

I have re-installed there Windows Vista 64bit edition and have everything working apart from the Wireless LAN... The Ethernet network adaptor is Marvell Yukon and i have that working however i know the WLAN is Atheros but i cannot find the correct driver for it anywhere and when i do it is a bunch of SYS file's and Security Catalogue and i do not know how to use these?

If you could get back to me a.s.a.p please it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stace :rolleyes:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This is a common issue with Vista 64 bit versions. There are many cases where there simply isn't a 64 bit driver available. If Sony doesn't offer one, you may be out of luck.

Why not drop back to Vista 32 bit?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!