1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vaio wont start up. Please help me

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by stylianos, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stylianos

stylianos Thread Starter

Hello forum,
    I have a sony vaio laptop model VPCF12C5E and it will not start up.
    One day it happen just like this when i tried to boot it. I dont know if is a windows 10 issue or BIOS upgrade issues and i cant check it right now.
    I have check for faulty ram and disk on other laptops and there are ok also i have check the bios battery with a multi tester and the voltage of the BIOS battery is ok around 2.54V.
    to explain you better the issue is this, After i am pressing the power button, the laptop try to boot up but it wont. The power button led blinks green for a second and the turn off and it will continuous to blink 1 second and 3 off. it can go like this for hours or even days. now its been almost two days that i am waiting the laptop to boot up. the battery is charging normally and the hard disk drive led flash like the green blink on the power button. its like the laptop is refusing to start or wake up. Please i dont know what to do and i need my laptop back cause i cant work for two days now
    Thank you in advance for all your possible solutions

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    might be a problem with your graphics card.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If possible connect an external Monitor to the laptop then switch the Monitor on then the laptop and see if you get a display on the Monitor.

4. stylianos

stylianos Thread Starter

thank you very much for your response. i really appreciate it. the laptop will not turn on at all. its like its trying to kick start like a car or something. its like the voltage come and go and give signal to something to boot but then it goes. but the transformer is brand new and 100% ok as well the power adapter at laptop. only black screen without any light nor caps light is working nor nothing else. after 18 hours is finally turn on by itself but now i am afraid to shut it down but i will have to due to overheating

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If it's overheating you should open it up and unscrew the Cpu heatsink then clean the old thermal paste off the Cpu and heatsink and renew it with new paste.

6. stylianos

stylianos Thread Starter

Dear friends the laptop is not operatable at all. I have disassembled it and clean it very carefully and also replace the thermal paste. I have put it on power as it was disassembled and i notice during the moment that the green power button blink for a second every three seconds,the fan spins for a second during the blink ans stop

7. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Your graphics card may need reballing. I have the same issue.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!