1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony Vegas doesnt play some files right.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by afterlife1230, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. afterlife1230

afterlife1230 Thread Starter

If this post is in the wrong place im sorry... i'm new.

O.K. I like to make AMV's (anime music videos) so i got Sony vegas pro 8.0 because its supposed to be the best program for making videos, I installed and stuff everything went fine. I restarted my computer started up Vegas, I opened a video file that i downloaded from the internet. It was a .avi file and when i tryed clicking play all it did was play the first second and the rest of the video was had the color merged and it played one frame every 10 seconds and didnt like movement much but the sound worked perfectly. so i opened another file in vegas (another .avi) and it played fine. so i researched and came up with some codecs to try for vegas and avi mess ups, i downloaded and installed them then tried the file again and it still had the same problem.. so i redownloaded it and still the same problem the sound was fine it was just the video and other files worked perfectly.

if you can help then thanks i would really like to start using this to make another one of my amv's.

2. Rache

Rache Banned

How does the file play in other players?

3. Megabite

Megabite

You could try Total File Converter to Convert it to Mpeg2 and see if Vegas likes that.

4. afterlife1230

well I used to use a program called power director and the file plays perfectly in it. I have also tryed to use the trimmer in power director to get what i want and then save it as a mpeg and then try putting it in vegas but it says that it cant open the files.

Okay ill try that right now. hopefully it works

5. Rache

Rache Banned

How does it play in WMP?

6. afterlife1230

It plays fine in WMP It's just Sony Vegas that it doesnt work to well.

7. afterlife1230

I tried total file converter and converted it to a mpeg-2 and it doesnt work.

8. Megabite

Megabite

9. afterlife1230

OK so i got tired of not being able to make the amv i wanted so i went and downloaded the Episode of the anime that was subbed (the other i had was a raw and was just japanese) and to my surprise it worked fine in Vegasso im gonna have to sacrifice a video that doesnt work with Vegas and doesnt have subtitles for a video that has subtitles but works...... (subtitles are kinda distracting when ur tryin to watch an amv) oh well im happy that it works though. thanks for all the help (megabite and Rache).

delete the thread or lock it or whatever you do to the thing cause problem solved!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice