1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sony VIAO PCG-FRV35, No power, Power Ribbon Cable??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phennexion, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phennexion

Phennexion Thread Starter

hi all,

I'm in a bind, and a friend referred me to this site, where I might be able to find some decent answers.

I run a small computer store in my hometown, and I was fixing a Sony Vaio PCG-FRV35 Notebook, It's fairly old, p4 with 512mb ram... But anyway, I was just removing spyware and viruses from it, and finished that up, then he said his sound wouldnt play, i started by reinstalling drivers and all that good stuff but it didnt play, I decided to lookinto the notebook to see if the speaker wires were connected and everything was fine there...

I pried off the faceplate for the powerbutton and LEDs and everything thats just above the keyboard, and I saw a ribbon cable connecting the power button and speaker circuit board to the motherboard, so i carefully unhooked it and put it aside, after finding no problems I rehooked it back up and tried to turn on the computer again... no power no post no sound nothing. It's like the power button is shot now. I've troubleshooted for 3 hours already on it, tried a multimeter to check to circuit connections, tried _everything_

I have no idea what to do now, this guy want's his laptop so he can work with it, and I dont feel like having to replace a laptop... this is like a techs worst nightmare >_<

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, is there any known issues were these power ribbons?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/711193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice