1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sony viao

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by casper05, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casper05

casper05 Thread Starter

Ok I am trying to fix a comp for a freind, its a sony viao PCV V1/G.
    It's one of those horrible all in one units, where the entire pcis encased behind a monitor.
    it has been getting blue screen crashes ( without staying on screen long enough to copy what the message is).
    It also goes from being able to post to not being able to even do that and all they get is one long beep then another and so on.

I tried new memory, problem still arises. ran pc check and various other HD testing tools and all say HD is fine with no errors.

That being said when trying to load windows normaly, sometimes I can get all the way to the login screen then it crashes and then the very next time I will get a message saying that the system 32 config file is missing. I then reboot and it starts to load fine again.

I even tried just to reformat the drive but it just constanly reboots at random times so never get far enough to do that.

I also ran tests on the motherboard and cpu and they both appear to pass those tests.

The only other thing I can think of is that the power supply might be on its way out, as a while back I had similar problems with my own tower and after it being in your tech center twice they discovered that the psu was faulty.

The major problem im having is trying to source a psu for this particular model, as it seems to be as rare as snow in the sahara.

2. RogueSpear00

RogueSpear00

Not sure if you can take it apart, and just use another power supply for a little while - isolate it down to that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice