Sorry, a serious error occurred...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

foxrocks993

I have just recently purchased Adobe Photoshop 9/Premier Elements 9. After installation, PSE was working perfectly. The first time I open PE, I received an error message that read: Error: "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Premier Elements to shut down. We will attempted to save your current project."

I found the following page at Adobe.com that I thought help me solve the problem. Everything seemed to be working properly with both programs.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406747.html

Now, it is a couple of days later and boths programs are now giving me this error. I am wondering if it is because of a previous version that I downloaded as a trial to see if it was a program that I could make use of. Could this previous version be playing havoc with the newer version.

Computer:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 233603 MB, Free - 103552 MB; D: Total - 233340 MB, Free - 128887 MB; J: Total - 1907057 MB, Free - 1371919 MB;
Motherboard: ACER, MCP73, NVIDIA MCP73, 000000000
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

I tried to attach the Dxdiag, hope I did it correctly.

If there is someone that has experienced this problem or someone that can help me solve this issue.

Thank in advance.

Chris.

Attachments

You should always uninstall trial versions of software before installing full versions, unless the trial version can be converted to a full version by entering a product key that you've bought separately.

But in your case what I said first applies - you should have removed the trial version first.

Uninstall all instances of Photoshop Elements & Premier Elements (both trial & full versions)
Restart Windows
Re-install the full versions that you bought.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online