1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sorry if this is a very dumb question...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ashkara, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashkara

ashkara Thread Starter

I have just tried four times to send an email to a friend (over a period of about 2 hours). We exchanged emails earlier in the day and everything was fine. But the last four have been returned to me by the Mail Delivery Service saying "bad destination mailbox address".

What's confusing me is that all the returned mail has come back with two attachments. One is the letter I sent, and one is ATT00092.dat (the "092" has been a different number each time). I didn't send any attachments...they were just plain text emails. I sent myself an email to see if the problem was at my end, and received it ok.

I'm not panicking about a virus or anything. I'm guessing it's just that my friend's IP is down or something, but I'm really interested to know what the attachment thing is all about. Like I said...sorry if this is a really dumb question. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. :)

2. Del

Del

When you have an email returned it is normal to get it as an attachment. I get the same thing.
    As far as why it won't send, try clicking on the last one that you received from you friend and click reply and see if it goes ok.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice