1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sort Index without Inserting

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RHurlburt, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHurlburt

RHurlburt Thread Starter

The answer may already be here but I couldn't find it.
    I am adding data to an index and then sorting. The sort routine will insert a row when the data needs to be moved up. I have other tables and information on the same sheet and when this sort occurs, the inserted row causes the information to be split.

My code to sort is:
    Rows("6:" & [EnterSymbol].Rows.Count + 3).Sort Key1:=Range("B6"), Order1:=xlAscending
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Is there something I can add to this code to prevent insert? Or do I just have to live with it and try to relocate all the data on the sheet?

Thanks
    I should add that each cell item (symbol in this case) is related to the adjacent cell. ie B6, C6 must be kept together on the sort. The code above does what I need except it inserts when a new symbol falls within the already established index range.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice