1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sorta a legal question regarding web forms

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by stomp, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stomp

stomp Thread Starter

Sorta a legal question regarding web forms. Is it possible to get around having a signature by using a "I Agree" check box when filling out a form online? For example if I wanted to sign my kid up for Baseball or something I would typically sign under some kind of disclaimer. So would a check box serve the same purpose?

2. sambojambo

sambojambo

I dont see why not, as long as you make sure that the disclaimer is visible to them and that they know what they are liable for etc etc. It would be like when you install software and they come up with a "Terms & Conditions" statement that you have to click on "I agree....." in order to move on. Just make sure the person signing up is aware of the terms / conditions and state that by clicking on the "I agree" checkbox, they are pretty much signing the form.

3. sambojambo

sambojambo

PS - I am no lawyer or anything, so dont quote me on it........

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am not a lawyer either but I do manage a web site for a church. They use a combination of on-line and paper forms.

They have an on-line form that parents and guardians can use to sign up their kids for a one week summer program. That only reserves their child a spot in the program. They still need to fill in and sign a paper copy of medical release form for each child. That form must be turned in the first day of the program or the child is not admitted. A PDF version of the form that they can print out is provided on the site or they can fill out and sign a copy of the form the first day.

5. stomp

stomp Thread Starter

I like this idea thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice