Sos Ie7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rainbow01

HI
I want a help plz i had downloaded IE7 from microsoft website while surfing a website a message appear ....N.B. Your browser does not accept cookies, it must be set to accept cookies in order to use this site
So tell me what to do?? i really need to enter this site? i need it for my study
thanks

In IE 7 go to tools>internet options>privacy and check your cookie settings. Default is a medium setting.

What security programs do you have? I can't enter that site using my Opera browser because I have all but session cookies blocked by the 'Privacy' settings in my firewall, Zone Alarm Pro. It sounds as though you may have something similar going on.

I wonder if it is a web site problem since I cannot get thru with Ie or FireFox even with my firewall turned off.

I just tried that site with my ZA settings modified to allow session, persistent and third party cookies but still get the message that my Opera browser doesn't allow cookies, but I know it does. When I tried it with Firefox (which is also set to accept cookies) I didn't even get to the site!. I just got a blank page saying 'Bad request'?

I then tried a server check and got the following result;

"Initiating server query ...
Looking up IP address for domain: www.rcsed.ac.uk
The IP address for the domain is: 195.11.75.151
Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
The server returned the following response headers:
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Connection: close
Content-Length: 159
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:34:29 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322
Set-Cookie: Esperantus_Language_www.rcsed.ac.uk=en-GB; path=/
Set-Cookie: PortalAlias=www.rcsed.ac.uk; path=/
Set-Cookie: Rainbow_WinMgmt=31337406-6369-494d-b817-a255f50fced4; expires=Sat, 27-Jan-2007 15:59:29 GMT; path=/
Cache-Control: private
Query complete."

So, the server appears to be functioning and seems to try and set three cookies, one of which expires in 25 minutes! I then, out of curiosity, tried using the IP address (195.11.75.151) instead of the URL and got this "Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)"

Sometimes, an IP address can work where the normal URLs don't but this server obviously doesn't accept them. They are using Microsoft software so I suppose anything's possible!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online