1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sos Ie7

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rainbow01, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rainbow01

rainbow01 Thread Starter

HI
    I want a help plz i had downloaded IE7 from microsoft website while surfing a website a message appear ....N.B. Your browser does not accept cookies, it must be set to accept cookies in order to use this site
    So tell me what to do?? i really need to enter this site? i need it for my study
    thanks

2. TOYMAN1952

TOYMAN1952

In IE 7 go to tools>internet options>privacy and check your cookie settings. Default is a medium setting.

3. rainbow01

rainbow01 Thread Starter

4. TOGG

TOGG

What security programs do you have? I can't enter that site using my Opera browser because I have all but session cookies blocked by the 'Privacy' settings in my firewall, Zone Alarm Pro. It sounds as though you may have something similar going on.

5. TOYMAN1952

TOYMAN1952

I wonder if it is a web site problem since I cannot get thru with Ie or FireFox even with my firewall turned off.

6. TOGG

TOGG

I just tried that site with my ZA settings modified to allow session, persistent and third party cookies but still get the message that my Opera browser doesn't allow cookies, but I know it does. When I tried it with Firefox (which is also set to accept cookies) I didn't even get to the site!. I just got a blank page saying 'Bad request'?

I then tried a server check and got the following result;

"Initiating server query ...
    Looking up IP address for domain: www.rcsed.ac.uk
    The IP address for the domain is: 195.11.75.151
    Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
    [Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
    The server returned the following response headers:
    HTTP/1.1 302 Found
    Connection: close
    Content-Length: 159
    Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:34:29 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322
    Set-Cookie: Esperantus_Language_www.rcsed.ac.uk=en-GB; path=/
    Set-Cookie: PortalAlias=www.rcsed.ac.uk; path=/
    Set-Cookie: Rainbow_WinMgmt=31337406-6369-494d-b817-a255f50fced4; expires=Sat, 27-Jan-2007 15:59:29 GMT; path=/
    Cache-Control: private
    Query complete."

So, the server appears to be functioning and seems to try and set three cookies, one of which expires in 25 minutes! I then, out of curiosity, tried using the IP address (195.11.75.151) instead of the URL and got this "Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)"

Sometimes, an IP address can work where the normal URLs don't but this server obviously doesn't accept them. They are using Microsoft software so I suppose anything's possible!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice