Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoThink burnt movie files won't play anymore ( unsupported)

Solved 
1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
I have been using SoThinkMovie DVD Maker 3.1 to convert and burn Mpeg 2 movie files on a dvd-R disc and play them on my Panasonic DMR E72 player for quite some time. However recently I can no longer play the files I burn on a dvd-R. It says 'Unsupported ' However if I burn the same movie files on a dvd+ RW disc then they do play on the player.
I am puzzled by this and do not know what the problem is. I've tried using several new blank dvd-R disc in case the discs are faulty. The discs are finalised in the burning process. I did recently download a fresh version on SoThinkMovie dvd maker recently .
I would really appreciate any solutions or suggestions..

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3015 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1283 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 289 GB (183 GB Free); D: 289 GB (274 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire X3990
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#2 ·
If you're successfully burning movie files in DVD+RW discs, why are you continuing to unsuccessfully use DVD-R discs?
Why don't you stick with DVD+RW discs? :confused:

You should get rid of Avast Antivirus and stick with Windows 10's built-in Windows Defender Antivirus.
Windows 10 will work better and have less issues if you do that. (y)

----------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
Thank you for your suggestion flavallee. I just wanted to know why burnt Mpeg DVD-R discs are not playing any more I've used them the last few years without any problem. ..same authoring software(SoThinkDVD Movie Maker) and same dvd player..same Avast Anti Virus I'm just wondering if the recently downloaded version of SoThinkDvd Movie Maker has a technical change with the conversion and burning.

Also DVD+RW disc are more expensive ..about a £1 each whereas I can get 50 blank DVD-R discs fro about £7.00

#4 ·
I don't burn movies or use that software, so I don't know why you're having that issue. :confused:

I understand now why you use DVD-R discs instead of DVD+RW discs. :eek:

Hopefully, someone else here can help you. (y)

----------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
A fresh version of SoThinkMovie dvd maker probably changed your settings back to default.

#8 ·
Hi, Sorry for not replying earlier.

You're probably right about SoTthinkMovie DVD player. However I tried another dvd player Denver DVH-7784 and COULD play the burnt discs. So the changed settings in SoThink made it unplayable on my Panasonic DMR E727 player.

Thanks a lot.

#9 · (Edited)
I had a DVD burner in one of my computers and it would burn DVD's fine but the CD burner part quit , I thought it was the software at first then tried an external USB DVD burner and it worked on the CD so it ended up being the laser for the CD frequency went bad in the internal burner.
Have you tried a DVD+R? some units prefer those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.