1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

soud driver update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tim973, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tim973

tim973 Thread Starter

hi I have emachine w1500 computer I downloaded new sound driver from emachine webside.I cant run the setup of updateded sound driver. How can I open it?AC97_5.10.00.3850_EMACHINSUPDATEDRIVER....At the properi open with:Unknown application.

2. deHakkelaar

deHakkelaar

Is this the download link you tried ?
    http://www.emachines.com/support/support_info.html?prodName=W1500

The sound drivers are in a ZIP file , you need to unpack those files in a temporary folder on your hard disk.
    With WinXP just double click on the .ZIP file & unzip them to a temporary folder.

If you've unpacked those files in a temporary folder , look there for a file named "SETUP.EXE" & double click it.

EDIT : I have deleted the winzip part because i noticed that emachine system comes with WinXP :rolleyes:

3. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

There is a trial download at www.winzip.com.
    Just use it for now.
    Also, at www.download.com, just type in 'zip software' (without the quotes) and there are alot of free zipping downloads.

4. tim973

tim973 Thread Starter

I have winzip8.0 okey but I dont know how to make unzip with winzip8.0

5. tim973

tim973 Thread Starter

thanks dehakkelaar and capslock I did. I found now setup file in the unzipped folder thanks again guys

6. deHakkelaar

deHakkelaar

Damn , I allready had my whole instructions ready :D pardon my French.

Good luck (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice