1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound and Printer problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ll1976, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ll1976

ll1976 Thread Starter

I have an hp pavilion a1419h. Since installing a new graphics card Asus EAH4350 my sound will no longer work. I would not think a graphics card would affect sound? but just wondering if anyone has any ideas? I cannot get speakers or headphones to work on it. Also, I just installed Windows 7 and now cannot get the printer to print. Have installed the drivers and it did finally print one page and then stopped again?

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

As far as the sound goes,the 4350 has onboard HD audio.
    Windows probably defaulted to that.
    Go to start/control panel/sound.
    On the playback tab,right click the your regular audio device(Speakers)
    and click set as default.
    Click ok.

3. w7pro

w7pro

MS also has a sound diagnostics page that you can use: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound/en-us

As far as the printer goes, I would try uninstalling/reinstalling it in device manager and see if that has any impact. You also might want to try doing a Windows Update and see if there's any impact on your devices.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Make sure when you reinstall the printer that the usb cable
    is not plugged in.
    Most usb printer instalations require it to be unplugged until
    the software ask you to connect it.
    Plugging it in and turning it on before running the software can result
    in a generic printer driver being installed that doesn't work properly.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and software site for the HP Pavilion Media Center a1419h desktop.

Since you're now using Windows 7 in it instead of Windows XP, hopefully you've maxed it out to its fully-supported amount of 2048 MB(2 GB) of RAM.

That desktop has Realtek ALC883 High Definition Audio. The current driver(6.0.1.6278) for Windows 7 is located here. Download and save it, close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install it, then restart your computer. You'll need to install it twice and restart twice. After you're done, go into Control Panel - Realtek HD Audio Manager and adjust your settings.

You didn't provide a description of your printer.

---------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice