1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound / Audio output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iworld, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

Hello,

This may seem like a vary basic question as it is, but it's kinda annoying and I really don't have a solution.

I have two really nice speakers, but the way my computer is set up, any way I try my left speaker ends up on the right side of my room and my right speaker ends up on the left side, and it impossible for me to switch it.

So I would like to know if there is an adapter, or maybe even a software which will reverse the sound coming out of each speaker?

Thanks.

2. steven1350

steven1350

pick the left speaker up, and put on on the right side. Then pick up the right speaker, and put on your left side.....

3. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I'll ignore that post as I stated I cannot to that, but I thank you for bumping my question.

4. steven1350

steven1350

lol my bad. But why can't you move them? Have they ever worked properly, or have they always been backwards?

5. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I set up my printer between my monitor tower because my power socket is too far away, so that is the only place I can put my printer. My desk is in the right side of my room where the one sockets which are taken up are, so my tower can only go to the far left.

Just to sum it up, the wire on the left speaker is must longer than the one on the right side, so its impossible to put the right speaker on the right side of my monitor. The problem is my limited space and lack of sockets (and I have like 3 power bars and extension cords).

So just getting a software or hardware adapter thing which swaps the audio speakers is what I need.

6. steven1350

steven1350

See if you can use mono sound, so both speakers produce the same sound

7. jamesx121

jamesx121

my solution to a crowded computer desk was to build shelves on the wall behind
    my computer.
    so now my speakers and other odds and ends are above and behind my
    monitor.

you can place your speakers side by side each other and angle them out in to
    the room.
    this way you could use a 1 to 3 foot long shelf if you don't want a long shelf.

8. jamesx121

jamesx121

also at Best Buy you can buy a (up to 6 foot) line out cord. for your speaker

its actually made for the I-Pod
    but it has a male plug on one end and a female plug on the other end with 3.5mm
    connections.

my sound port is on top of my case so I use it to add length to my head phones.
    the cable that came with my head phones just isn't long enough to be comfortable
    with the jack on top of the case.

you will find it in the I-Pod accessory section at Best Buy.

just add this cable to your right speaker cable to make the right speaker cable longer

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/715879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice