Sound Blaster 2 = No Sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

payback

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and have recently reformatted my computer. I installed all of the updates off of www.creative.com and then installed the software that came with my sound card... i don't think i did that in the right order. Then i proceeded to go back to the creative auto update site and it had rolled back my driver version and so i updated again. And my sound no longer works. Any hints? I was trying to get my 6.1 speakers all working versus only having two. Thanks

In device manager (control panel - system) uninstall the sound card, let Windows detect it and reinstall the drivers and updates in the right order.

payback

How might i go about finding out which item to uninstall from the device manager? or is there another area that i need to uninstall from?

Well first disable the onboard sound if you have it. Then you can either then remove the audio codecs, they should be titled something along the lines of creative sound blaster... and then follow kiwi guys instruc. and re-install.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online