1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by document2.9, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. document2.9

document2.9 Thread Starter

Hello,
    First time posting here, hopes are high.
    I have a computer, athlon 1800+ XP processor, 512MB Ram, 30GB HDD, DVD combo drive, CDRW Drive, Sound Blaster 2 Card, Raden 8500 video card. Systems running windows 2000 professional, recently purchased Logitech Z-640 Speakers in hopes that I could listen to my movies in surround, but alas the speakers have thwarted me. I have it all wired correctly, speakers to sub, sub to center channel, center channel to the 3 surround outputs on my card. I get sound through the Front left and front right and sub, and if i press the nifty matrix button I get some use out of the center channel. The rear 2 speakers have not worked to date. I have the most recent drivers available from Creative, july 29 04 i believe was the date released. The speakers work fine if i switch the rear and plug them into the front. I tried to download the DVD-audio play software from creative, but it wont install, as well as the surround sound mixer program from creative. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Neal Strong

2. norton850

norton850

This may be obvious but have you gone into control panel/ sound and audio devices and made sure the 5.1 setting is enabled for your speakers? What happens when you try to install the various programs that won't install. Any error messages? Excuse my ignorance what is a "matrix button"?

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Look here:

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/267648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice