1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Blaster Audigy and Nero

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timalan, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timalan

timalan Thread Starter

i just recently got a Sound Blaster Audigy Sound Card and since i installed that when i start to burn a cd i get a blue screen error but only when i go to burn a cd does that happen...
    i copied the last error i got it was...
    STOP: 0x0000000A (0xffbe0000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8050dd72

at the top it says....

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL....

what is the problem??
    is it the driver???

now here is the interesting twist when i uninstalled the driver and the program then i tried burning a cd it burned without any problems so it is the sound card or driver...
    thanks all for replying....
    take care
    timalan

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It's a driver conflict, mainly to do with the driver verifier. I have found this link in the Microsoft's Knowledge Base

Do you have a Linksys Network card installed or any make of a network card installed? Apparantly that's also a key problem area that causes the error. (Also I am assuming you have W2K or WXP because that's the only OS that has this problem)

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  4. timalan

timalan Thread Starter

thanks Tidus4Yuna yes, i have a linksys network card...
    if i uninstall that and install another network card will it be alright then??
    thanks for replying...
    take care
    timalan

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    just purchase a cheapo $10 card and you should be fine.

I guess it's something in the driver that is causing the error

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    PS try uninstalling and then burn the CD (with your new sound card in) to test the theory of the net. card

7. timalan

timalan Thread Starter

Tidus4Yuna,
    i have a Belkin Desktop Network PCI Card....
    that should work just fine??
    thanks again...
    take care
    timalan

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I didn't see that name crop up as a complaint so it should be fine. Just make sure that you have uninstalled the drivers for the current card before you install the Belkin card.

But like I said, try to eliminate the problem by burning a CD without the network card in, but with the sound card in. If you are still getting the error then you will know that the sound card is responsible and then you can get the correct/workable drivers for the card.

Just curious, did you happen to see what file (usually a .SYS system file) that was causing the error like netlink.SYS or USB.SYS etc

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Also I have noticed that you have made a post before regarding the dualboot system (linux, W98 and WXP). Have you done that upgrade yet?

10. timalan

timalan Thread Starter

ok i didn't take the net card out i did uninstall it in device manager and i got to 100% and in its final stage i got the blue screen and the error was this...
    STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF908794, 0xEFB8E7D0, 0x00000000

then under that it says....

WIN32K.SYS

ADDRESS BF908794 BASE AT BF800000 DATESTAMP 3DB6D462

I think that was a D cant read my writing...lol
    where it says 3DB6D OR 0 462

should i try it with the network card out or do you think its the sound card??

11. timalan

timalan Thread Starter

sorry forgot to answer your other question...
    no i just put linux on one hard drive and winxp on other but it was successful installing them both...
    but lindows suck and they never answer my email cos i want to get refund back for click and run but they never answer my email yet...
    take care
    timalan

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK, because I know that the other guy did not mention that you will need to install the 3 OS in a perticular order. I think it's Linux, W98 then WXP. You cannot install W98 if WXP is already installed. Plus you will need to make sure that all the partitions (I guess except the Linux partition, though I never use Linux) must be in FAT32 for you to see the directories on both W98 and WXP.

As for your error I will look it up now.

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Do you have Service Pack 1 installed?

14. timalan

timalan Thread Starter

yes i got service pack 1 and thanks for the other info...
    take care
    timalan

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I think the error appeared because you have the NIC still installed the PCI slot. The 0x0000008E error is showing as ethier a memory problem ( I doubt its that in your case) or you have a faulty hardware in the PCI slot. Massivesoft suggests taking out all of your PCI devices and install one by one to determine the cause.

(PS for dualboots the installation should go in order of oldest to newest ie Win 3.x, Win 9x, WME, W2K, WXP. It has been said that you can install W2K first then Win 98. If you are planning to install WXP with other OS, make sure that you install the older one first. WXP doesn't like it when you try to install another OS after it.)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice