1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Blaster Audigy Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ajdupont, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Hi
    I just installed a Soundblaster Audigy MP3+ and I think I have a conflict. It's not showing one in device manager but when I boot up I get the normal Windows XP start up sound but it is over lapped with a different sound from the Sound Blaster card or software. I previously had a Yamaha(I'm not sure which one) sound card and I didn't uninstall the drivers for it, like the instructions said to do on the Sound Blaster. My problem is I don't know how to locate the Yamaha drivers to uninstall them. When I look in Device Manager under Sounds, I see some things that are associated with my video card. An ATI ALL In Wonder Radeon. Such things as "Rage Audio", Rage Video etc.
    Can anyone tell me how to uninstall the Yamaha drivers?
    Running- Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks

2. deuce

deuce

In the control panel try checking in the sounds and see what drivers are listed. If it doesn't let you choose the Yamaha, chances are it isn't there anymore. In system properties, remove everything that says things like joystick emulation, gameport, creative SB Audigy, yamaha [anything] and all audio stuff and try reinstalling the audigy drivers.

3. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply deuce_mn
    What I did was go to Control Panel/Sounds and I removed the default windows startup sound. Now when I boot up I only here the Sound Blaster start up sound. I guess I can live with that because everything else about the sound card is great. But I'll keep searching.
    Thanks again
    ajdupont

4. deuce

deuce

I usually don't hear my windows startup sound (or any sound when starting for that matter) since I don't usually turn my stereo on for a few minutes after that and I never notice. There is no real why you should have to live with not all sound. If you find the sound drivers (especially the Yamaha ones) remove them and reinstall the Audigy ones. I know that those Audigy MP3+ are around $100, so it would be worth it to put in alittle work so you can get the full effect from that sound card... but it's up to you.

5. Quatloo

Quatloo

Your question is two years old, but even though you have probably
    answered it for yourself by now, I'll answer it for anyone else currently
    browsing these questions. I had the same annoying problem. The solution is easy. Click on start..etc etc..goto Creative; goto Sound Blaster Audigy; click on 'Creative EAX'. A two-inch squared blue box will appear at the
    bottom of your screen (on a 21 inch monitor anyway). It will have a one inch round button with a little 3/8 of an inch button on it at 4 oclock on
    it. Click on the little button at 4 oclock with the page logo on it and uncheck the 'load at startup' box. That's all. Hope this helps. E-mail me if this has helped you so I can feel all warm and fuzzy at having helped someone. By the way; my rear fader stopped working..GRRR Any Ideas?
    It's a drag for a gamer to have two big speakers ten feet behind him that
    are dead because of a darn software glitch. Ive tried loading and reloading
    many versions of the sound blaster software; There are too many
    versions to sort out. I have xp pro and an early sb audigy-mp3 product.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice