Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound blaster audity2 trouble

897 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Durothil 
#1 ·
My uncle gave me what he thought was a old sound blaster live card, but was really the lastest audity2 card. He lost the manufacer's software, so i don't have any of that to install, hech maybe the reason for my troubles.

I found on the net a update/upgrade audity2 driver and eax update, and installed them with the new card i just stuck in. It worked with out any device manager showing any problems. However there is no sound when i hook the speaker system up to it.

Ive tried everything, and im not sure what else to do. Could someone help?

#2 ·
What have you tried? The usual?
Making sure speakers plugged in correctly, and turned on. In the audio section of control panel and in any utility program for the sound card everything turned up, enabled and not muted.

No sounds at all or just no sound from CD's?
Did the new card replace onboard audio? In device manager any other sound card listed including under other devices?

#3 ·
I have checked all of that today. Nothing muted, all devices enabled, volumes checked, drivers and warning errors checked. I even opened a wave studio program to see if windows can see if sound is playing and i recoreded anything from midi to mp3.

Still no luck!

No sound from the speakers or anything whats so ever.

I plugged in the sound blaster live card i have and it works fine, its just the audity 2 card thats messing up.

#5 ·
i tryed that and didn't get any luck. When i delete the current audity2 drivers, and restart windows apparently can't find appropreite drivers for this lastest card. It can self install drivers for everything but the multimedia audio device, and the only thing that it can find are some sis audio drivers that do not work.

Is there any way that i can test to see if the audio card is broken, and that the problem isn't the drivers or and software but, the hardware thats broken?

(im sure that if the actually hardware was broken it wouldn't even record sound on wave studio correct?)

#7 ·
I have the card and it has never given me any problems. The only thing with the Audigy 2 is that you need the original drivers that came with the card, net found update drivers will not work because they have nothing to be upgraded from. Go to the Creative site and request an install disc and let them know that it was a present and that you require the installation disc. This should clarify all your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.