Sound Blaster Live! 24. bit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shivers

I'm having sound problems with my sound in some games, LIke CS:Source and Half life 2 where the sound seems choppy when there's a lot going on soundwise ie: voices and gunshot at the same time, but not music and talking and footsteps. Really only seems to happen with shooting and talking.

Could this be a problem with my sound card , maybe out dated drivers? Or could it be something of a stutter problem that my video card is causing?

I would go to Creative's site and download the latest drivers either way, thats a pretty good idea. It might also help the stuttering. Does it happen in games other than Half Life 2 and CS?

That issue is known in Half Life 2 and CS, they released a patch for the game shortly after they came out. But that should have been installed automatically by Steam. You should check to see if you have the latest version.

The stuttering might be video-related if there is stuttering/shaking/artifcats on the screen at the same time.

Shivers

I've checked Creative's site, and it doesn't seem to even have drivers.

And it also happens in Halo and Half life. I haven't noticed things like that going on in the screen though

Hi,

The Creative drivers page is here:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

You should get the latest possible drivers since the Live! drivers have been known to be buggy...

--> You could also check Windows Update as sometimes Microsoft has stable drivers there too (such driver appears under <Optional Hardware Upgrades> if any is able for any of your hardware devices)...

Shivers

There are no drivers there, just this:

Date

1. Creative EAX Console update for users with a Creative MP3 player (3.94 MB) 22 Dec 04
Download Now Download Now

This update resolves a compatibility issue between Creative EAX Console, which is included with selected Creative audio devices, and Creative MediaSource with Theme Engine 3.00.55 .....
Show Details...

Filename: EAXC_Theme_PCApp_LB_3_10_13.exe
Creative EAX Console update for users with a Creative MP3 player
EAXC-WEBUP-4-LB

This update resolves a compatibility issue between Creative EAX Console, which is included with selected Creative audio devices, and Creative MediaSource with Theme Engine 3.00.55 to 3.10.11, which is included with your Creative MP3 player. If you do not have any of the audio devices listed below, you do not require this update.

Fixes

* Enables you to select an Effects preset in EAX Console without stopping the application.
* Enables you to start the EAX Console application in Microsoft® Windows® Millennium Edition (Me) and Windows 98 Second Edition (SE).

Requirements

* Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me or Windows 98 SE
* Creative EAX Console
* Creative MediaSource with Theme Engine 3.00.55 to 3.10.11
* One of the following Creative audio devices installed:
o Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS
o Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
o Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
o Sound Blaster Audigy 2
o Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
o Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX
o Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX
o Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value
o Sound Blaster Audigy LS
o Sound Blaster Go!
o Sound Blaster MP3+
o Sound Blaster Digital Music
o Sound Blaster Digital Music PX
o USB Sound Blaster Digital Music LX
o Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit

Notes

* To check the version number of your Theme Engine, do the following:
1. Click Start -> Programs/All Programs -> Creative -> Creative MediaSource -> Creative MediaSource Player.
2. Click the Help button and click About Creative MediaSource.
3. Check the version number.
4. Close the application window.
* To install the update, double-click the file and follow the instructions on the screen.

2. Creative Disc Maker or Creative CD Burner drive update version 1.00.05 (2.28 MB) 22 Oct 04
Download Now Download Now

This download updates Creative Disc Maker (in Creative PlayCenter) or Creative CD Burner (in Creative MediaSource) to provide support for newer CD-RW drive models. If Creative Pl.....
Show Details...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts