1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Johnny889, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Johnny889

Johnny889 Thread Starter

I bought a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 sometime ago and when i first put it in my comp, the sound was sorta quiet and it never got as loud as it used too be.

I thought my speakers might be messed up but thats not the case. I have all of the updated for my card so i came to the conclusion that i have a hardware problem.

So, i am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, to somehow turn up the volume on my card, because when i listern to music sometimes, i can hardly hear it.

Also, i tried updated some software and when i try to install it, it says that there is no soundblaster installed on my system but yet all the drivers are working and the software for it too.

All of my volume controls are all the way up and all of the software and everything else has max volume. So if anyone can help me i would appreciate it cuz im planing to buy a speaker system and i wanna know that my card works before i waste my money for nothing. Thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Any way of testing the card in another system to rule out a hardware problem?

3. Johnny889

Johnny889 Thread Starter

yeah im gonna switch it right now but if i remember correctly i had this card on my old system it was also quiet, but i will double check again because i dont exactly remember

4. Johnny889

Johnny889 Thread Starter

ok so i put my sound card in my other system and it too is very quiet, the old modem/sound card combo in my old comp produces louder sound than my sound blaster

5. ~Candy~

I'd say the card is defective.

6. Johnny889

Johnny889 Thread Starter

ok thanx,

i thought it was probably too, dunno what else could be wrong

7. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

right click the speaker in the systray/open volume controls.

where are the volumes set? if low, raise the bar.

8. rhorne4

rhorne4

I Had The Same Problem With Sound Blaster Live Card.i Bought A Pair Of Powered Speakers And Now It Will Blow You Out Of The Room.a Couple Of Powered Speakers Won't Cost Much.i Got Mine For Around $35.00 Us

9. Johnny889

Johnny889 Thread Starter

yeah it was the powered speakers problem, i realized that new soundcards require speakers with their own amplifiers to work, its all good now cuz im gettin myself a pretty decent sound system, thanx

10. ~Candy~

So, are we solved? You can mark it solved by using the thread tools drop down option.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice