Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnny889

I bought a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 sometime ago and when i first put it in my comp, the sound was sorta quiet and it never got as loud as it used too be.

I thought my speakers might be messed up but thats not the case. I have all of the updated for my card so i came to the conclusion that i have a hardware problem.

So, i am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, to somehow turn up the volume on my card, because when i listern to music sometimes, i can hardly hear it.

Also, i tried updated some software and when i try to install it, it says that there is no soundblaster installed on my system but yet all the drivers are working and the software for it too.

All of my volume controls are all the way up and all of the software and everything else has max volume. So if anyone can help me i would appreciate it cuz im planing to buy a speaker system and i wanna know that my card works before i waste my money for nothing. Thanks.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Any way of testing the card in another system to rule out a hardware problem?

Johnny889

yeah im gonna switch it right now but if i remember correctly i had this card on my old system it was also quiet, but i will double check again because i dont exactly remember

Johnny889

ok so i put my sound card in my other system and it too is very quiet, the old modem/sound card combo in my old comp produces louder sound than my sound blaster

bearone2

Banned
right click the speaker in the systray/open volume controls.

where are the volumes set? if low, raise the bar.

I Had The Same Problem With Sound Blaster Live Card.i Bought A Pair Of Powered Speakers And Now It Will Blow You Out Of The Room.a Couple Of Powered Speakers Won't Cost Much.i Got Mine For Around $35.00 Us

Johnny889

yeah it was the powered speakers problem, i realized that new soundcards require speakers with their own amplifiers to work, its all good now cuz im gettin myself a pretty decent sound system, thanx

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
So, are we solved? You can mark it solved by using the thread tools drop down option.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online