1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Blaster Live! Issues...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by R34L1TY, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. R34L1TY

R34L1TY Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this is bad but i installed on my friends PC a sound Blaster Live! And when i try to insall the driver from the disk or update drivers online it says no card found on your system. the wierd thing is the card works and produces sound but no drivers are shown installed. Should i leave it as is ot find a way to install the drivers?

2. buddythedog

buddythedog

By any chance does your friend's computer have onboard sound? What's listed in Device Manager under Sound Devices and Other Devices?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Or is it a Dell? If its a Dell you need to download the drivers from Dell for the Live! card, as their's is a little different.

4. R34L1TY

R34L1TY Thread Starter

Yes he has onboard but we disabled it and device manager says soundblaster live. his computer is not a dell but the card came out of his old dell..

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. R34L1TY

R34L1TY Thread Starter

Thnx dude they worked and my 5.1 speakers work now thnx!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice