1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card and computer speed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GLYNNROY, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLYNNROY

GLYNNROY Thread Starter

Can anyone reccommend a good sound card for my computer for music production and also I have been told my computer speed needs to at least 300ghz to run these applications together,,,,Any ideas I thought memory makes the computer run faster..,,,,,,,,,,,My current settings are as follows....

Computer Manufacturer
    Medion
    Motherboard Manufacturer
    MSI (Micro Star)
    Motherboard Model
    MS-6533GL
    CPU Manufacturer
    GenuineIntel
    CPU Family
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.20GHz
    CPU Speed
    2191 MHz
    Front-Side Bus Speed
    100 MHz
    Currently Installed Memory
    512MB
    Maximum Memory Capacity
    3072MB
    Total Number Of Memory Slots
    3 (3 banks of 1)
    Available Memory Slots

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Unless you are talking about professional music production, there is any number of good sound cards on the market. I reckon to get top quality sound from my Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 card - at least as good as the speakers can handle - and my CPU spec is way below 3 Ghz.

Have a look at Novatech's site - they're in the UK and ship anywhere and their prices and quality are well recommended. http://www.novatech.co.uk

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!