1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Card and HDMI port stop working at same time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ashsun, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Ashsun

Ashsun Thread Starter

I have a Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14. All of a sudden my HDMI port does not work and my system says there are no audio devices available. When I go to device manager, the sound, game etc option is hidden. I updated my audio driver, in instilled The Conexant audio driver and rebooted my computer, but now it is not getting reinstalled. Every time I try to reinstall that driver, it says no audio device found, cannot reinstall. I’ve even reinstalled windows but even that does not work. Need some help badly!!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The Conexant audio driver should only be for the onboard audio chipset. HDMI audio output is usually via the video chipset.

Having said that, when I look up that model on the Lenovo website, the audio chipset is Realtek, not Conexant.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice