1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Card Comparison ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crylynx, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Greetings :)

My motherboard has a built in soundcard that uses the
    C-Media 8738. Do you think I would benifit by going to
    a Creative Labs Audigy 2 sound card ??

Thanks for all your input :D

** Crylynx **

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

I think alot of people will agree with me on this. Onboard audio isnt that greatest. An audio card is much better than using onboard audio. As for the audigy 2. You would most benefit with that card if you plan on using the digital surround sound system.

If that's what your future plans are i would go for it. Otherwise i would settle for an sblive.

3. factor

factor

Yeah, id second that. I have an Audigy1. A chunk of the price is for the software that comes with it, mainly midi sequencer and sample software. If youre not going to use the software id settle for an older sb live or check out Terratec for decent priced high quality cards without as many extras.Terratec

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice