1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound card distorted sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hawkeye53usa, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye53usa

hawkeye53usa Thread Starter

my computer is one i built myself an amd anthlon xp processor2400+ running at 2.0ghz, a sound blasterLS5.1 sound card with 512mb ddr ram 333mhz a western digital 20gb hd a asus viakt400/333 series mb a nividia geforce2mx400 64mb video card. in the games blackhawk down and blackhawkdown team sabre some times my sound is distorted especially when i am using the team commands and some times it just pops up and distorts when the helicopter is in flight and some times it happens when i am firing a weapon it makes it sound like a laser rather than a rifle or pistol firing bullets. any help will be appreciatd. the sound card is installed and on its own IRQ number with no conflicts and i have the latest driver from the creative website and the onboard audio is disabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice