Sound card effecting XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

weequayx

I have been getting a blue screen crash error on my computer recently and have determined that it has to do with my sound card. I have a sound blaster audigy 2 LZ and have reinstalled xp a couple of times and I update drivers left and right and I cannot update my sound card or anything and when I do download a driver for the card and try to install it tells me that my card is not detected and I need to properly install it before installing the drivers. Can anyone offer some insight on this problem.

My blue screen technical error ID # thing is 0x0000009C (parameter,parameter,parameter,parameter)
(I assume a hardware error caused by sound card)

If you run the computer with No sound card can you still get the BSOD? What are you usally doing when the BSOD appears?

weequayx

the bsod appears randomly, but since i have updated most of my hardware the bsod occurs less often. But it happens when i'm at the desktop and when i'm online.

When ever I try to install the sound card cd that was given to me. the installation gets half way through then stops telling me that my card has not been detected on my system and that I should install the sound card before installing the software, how do I do that?

I don't really know about the installation problem, I've had mine go buggy on me sometimes, i put it in a different PCI slot and it worked again. As far as the BSOD and the sound card relationship, I was wondering if a blue screen appeard when you were trying to play a sound, or if it just occured randomly.

weequayx

it all began when I was playing a game and the speakers would crackle or pop occaisionally and the out of nowhere they started screeching and my compter crashed to the 0x0000009C BSOD and I reinstalled windows etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online