Sound Card Help NEEDED

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IBwebin

I recently got an "Aztech SC16-3D ISA" sound card which came with no Driver, manual or info. I have found the driver at Aztech Support, but it is a ZIP file. I need some nice person to walk me through the complete proceedure for downloading and installing it to my Vectra VL6. I am using the Aztech-compatible Driver which comes with Win98, and it does drive it...partially. I get sound, but no microphone ability or internal speaker ability, no aux. input ability, etc. I chose this card because it has all the front panel plugs to allow me to plug in the headphone, mic., ect. which lead to the front panel of my Vectra.

Would appreciate any help.

Installing New Drivers:

* Download the latest drivers as directed and then Unzip (download winzip from www.winzip.com) them by double clicking on the icon - this will unpack the file into its seperate components.

* Then, access DEVICE MANAGER by right clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties, clicking on Device Manager.

* In Device Manager you should see a section called Other Devices, under that you should see something like PCI Multimedia Audio Controller with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.

* Right click on this and select Properties, click on the Driver Tab and then update driver, do an Automatic Search (Recommended) click Next until you see a Specify a Location tick box, tick this and click on the now highlighted Browse button.

* Browse to the folder where you unzipped the files and click OK and click Next all the way through to install the files.

* Restart your PC and you're done!

Hope that helpes :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online